Tuesday 10 March 2009

Wintry Scene in West Dorset







Sleepy Dorset became snowy Dorset last week with a sudden and somewhat unexpected snowfall. Wisteria Cottage www.dorsetcottage.org.uk became cut off for some time with branches down across the lanes and a foot of snow. We also lost power for 11 hours. In best Dunkirk Spirit our guests bravely took everything in their stride, foregoing hot showers for a pan of hot water in the wash basin, ( Thank goodness I fitted an LPG hob) and extra blankets. Thanks to my guest Martyn Harris, who assisted with the branch clearance on the lanes and to Roy Griffiths who sent some wonderful pictures he took showing just how beautiful this part of the world looks under snow.

roy is a professional photographer and I recommend looking at his website: http://www.roygriffiths.com/

2 comments:

  1. WOw! I've never seen snow in my entire life. This thought makes me so excited about spending my holidays in Dorset.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Snow is very cold but I love it! You can play with them and that makes it fun.

    wales holiday

    ReplyDelete